Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Journey.....

Today someone committed suicide.
Today someone brought a newborn into this life.
Today someone got bitter over a situation that involves family, church or business.
Today someone forgave, turned the other cheek and moved on.
Today someone filed for divorce.
Today someone was married.
Today someone is in need of food but there is none and their body is in starvation mode .
Today in America we have so many food options that we complain when we don't get what we want.
Today a child with Leukemia is lying in a cancer ward wishing they could go outside and play.
Today a child is complaining that they have nothing to do and are bored.
Today someone was let go from their job and are now concerned as to how they are going to provide for their family.
Today someone got a promotion at their job and they are ecstatic about the future
Today someone was told they have cancer and that there is nothing more that the doctor can do.
Today someone was healed completely of cancer and they have tears of joy.
Today someone bought a beautiful new home.
Today someone lost their home.
Today someone was called, "Beautiful."
Today someone was called, "ugly."
Today someone experienced physical abuse but justified their partners actions.
Today someone broke free from the mental and emotional connection they had with their abuser.
Today someone was told, "I hate you."
Today someone was told, "I love you."
Today someone is depressed because all they see are the thorns.
Today someone is thankful for life and sees the roses in spite of the thorns.
Today someone hoarded their blessings and is too selfish to give.
Today someone gave out of their sacrifice and not just their abundence.
Today someone took a risk and is flying high
Today someone let fear get in the way of a great opportunity
Today someone leaned on "Jesus."
Today someone leaned on "self."


"Life is no straight and easy corridor along which we travel free and unhampered, but a maze of passages, through which we must seek our way-now lost and confused, now checked in a blind alley. But always God will open a door for us, not perhaps one that we ourselves would ever have thought of, but one that will ultimately prove good for us." By Joy Haney

It's tough isn't it sometimes? We look at our lives and many of us have gone through a lot or are still going through something that seems horrific and we just want it to end like now! Perhaps the storm just passed over and you are finally breathing a sigh of relief as you clutch the bible to your chest for you have learned to lean on Him having gone through one of the most difficult times in your life.

Regardless what you are going through remember that someone else is going through something just as difficult and perhaps even through something worse.

There is a purpose for your life no matter where you are in it.

Try to see the lemonade being made with the lemons.
Try to see the roses that are attached to the thorns.
Try to see the door that is being opened no matter how slow the process seems to be

I have asked myself, "What can I learn from this?" and "What is God trying to show me and/or teach me?" I remember when I went through a really difficult time in my life about 8 yrs ago and someone told me that God was trying to show me something through it. I about bit their head off and wanted to tell them where to go if you know what I mean. I was angry didn't understand and yes I did ask why. But now I am at a place where relationship with Him has taken over difficulties that I have experienced and will continue to experience in the future.

Life is hard I know. Some things I do not understand. Some people I do not understand. Sometimes I just want to shake someone and say, "Suck it up" or "Go get good bible-based counseling and fix yourself." or "Why you always complaining, can't you see how blessed you really are?" I mean I have to talk to myself too sometimes and tell my brain to shut up and ask God to take control over my thoughts. Honey child it's a mind thing and if you do not get control over it-it will control you. What is the "it" in your life that is controlling you? (okay I could start preaching on this "it" thing but do not want to get too far away from my original thought) But sometimes I too just want to jump in and fix it immediately but learning to let God step in and fix me, the other party and the situation. Regardless I am blessed even if I am going through what I would deem as "horrific" and "terrible."

I have HIM to lean on...

Don't forget someone right now is on their death bed wanting to be able to run outside and enjoy life. Get out and make your life happen while you still have breath in your body. You can make it happen, its up to you!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME...............Luv u and thanks for sharing...it's so true. I needed my early morning cry! Luv u dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. food for thought for me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Stephenie! What a great and thought-provoking post!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete