Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Love to cook and sharing...

I love to cook! I am one that doesn't follow recipes too well though, I usually add in my own touch:-)

This past Friday night I made a special dinner for my luvie. It was an amazing italianish dish...lightly sauteed the chicken in some olive oil, I then added in some garlic, basil and onion and let it cook for a bit.(I also seasoned with an herb mixture, pepper, and salt) Once everything was cooked pretty well I added in a good amount of tomato sauce to give it a nice creamy texture. I do tend to always add some spice to my foods so I threw in a dash of Red chili pepper flakes. (not too much just enough to give it a kick) Then boiled some whole wheat pasta, once cooked I drained and tossed in a tad bit of olive oil and then poured "Stephenie's creativity" over the pasta. (sprinkle some freshly grated Parm chz on top) I then broiled some garlic bread that had just a smudge of butter on it and then an amazing salad. Asbel ate it up in a timely manner, it was delish!
Last night I lightly sauteed a chicken breast in olive oil and cut up small chunks of garlic (we tend to put garlic in everything) since we are both huge garlic lovers. I then added to the mix some garlic powder, herbs and black pepper. I always add just a pinch of salt since Asbel is a huge "salt" lover. Once the chicken was cooked fairly well, I poured my worcestershire sauce mix into the pan and simmered on low for just a few minutes. Now on to the salad-it was incredible! I added some plum tomatoes and sliced them onto the organic baby lettuce, then cut up some red onion. I then sliced up avacados and mixed everything in together. The dressing goes something like this. Blend either in a blender or in a food processor. 1-2 cloves of garlic all depending on how much garlic you can handle. Then add in as much olive oil as you want to your liking and same goes for the Balsamic vinegar. Then squeeze 1/2 a lemon in there, then add some Greek seasonings in there and blend really well. Phenom is all I can say. Asbel licked the plate clean:-)

Today I tried my friend Deidre Cravy's Salsa recipe, absolutely amazing! I chowed down on it but it was "very" spicy and that is because I added fresh jalapenos instead of canned. Well, somehow the seeds slipped in the batch and boy was my mouth on fire and no not from Asbel's kisses but from the kisses of a jalapeno. But I ate almost all of it. I'm going to make it again and will be more careful with the jalapenos because Asbel doesn't like his mouth burning like I do:-) I like it hot and spicy, I take after my daddy who loves it when his nose is running from it being so spicy. And of course being a CA native has made me sometimes think I am half mexicano. I'll let you know how the next salsa mix turns out. Thx Deidre for sharing.

Last night I made these amazing strawberry/coconut bars too and just posted it on my stephrecipe blog.

I will work on posting the other recipes on my recipe blog but the problem is I don't always measure so I'll do my best to give some clear direction with each recipe.

Also have had several requests to blog about health tips-that is something I will work on. It is another passion of mine too and I can probably get my mother to give some insight on it too.

To view recipes go to my complete profile then to blogs and its under stephsrecipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment